SPYSCAPE is an innovative new edutainment brand, being developed by an exceptional team of award-winning creators and subject-matter experts. Our goal is to empower people to see themselves and the world more clearly. Our first ‘spy museum and experience’ will launch in New York City in early 2018.
The Deputy Director for Events will play a key role in building and overseeing all aspects of the special events function at SPYSCAPE, which includes premium corporate and private events held amidst world-class architecture, artifacts, technology, and experiences. Events will range from intimate meetings to large gatherings with full gallery access.
Our ideal candidate will be a creative and motivated individual who is keen to dive into a very dynamic working environment and take ownership over the design and execution of an exciting and critical business line for an emerging global brand.
This role is based in midtown Manhattan, and reports to the Chief of Staff, U.S.
Vision and planning for special events function
- Develop and build the special events function for SPYSCAPE, with a focus on revenue-generating events such as corporate events, social events, press events, screenings, private dinners, and film and TV shoots
- Create financial targets and develop pricing schema for events
Event sales and marketing
- Meet / exceed revenue targets for the Events department by generating sales through outreach, networking, industry events, and other means
- Build and maintain strong relationships within events industry to generate new business
- Work with Marketing team to develop and launch marketing for the events function
- Collaborate with Sales team to find synergies with group visit bookings and special events
Logistics and event management
- Lead development of partnerships and execution of contracts for all key vendors, including catering and decor
- Oversee and plan logistics for full life-cycle of each event as part of a robust program of on-premise special events, including responding to inquiries, hosting walk-throughs, contracting, client meetings, production, vendor communication, and post-event client follow-up
- Leads execution of logistics for SPYSCAPE-originated talks, book signings, and other programming in conjunction with key staff across the organization
- Coordinate with other SPYSCAPE teams to ensure all aspects of an event, including ticketing, security, and facilities, and AV support, are executed flawlessly
- Direct and supervise load-in, event execution, and load-out for all events
- Oversee other special projects related to events
- Cultivate relationships with potential corporate and private partners and effectively builds a client base for events
- Build and oversee a team of event planners to execute events
- Manage special event projections and budget
- Maintain events vendor and venue files, as well as contacts database
- Maintain records, including purchasing, invoices, etc.
- Strong ability to connect with people and communicate SPYSCAPE’s mission and the unique nature of its event offerings
- 5+ years experience managing or overseeing events
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Articulate and poised with the ability to interact with VIPs and other high-level executives
- Extreme attention to detail
- Multi-tasker with ability to juggle multiple priorities and events at a time
- Works well under pressure and makes sound decisions quickly
Terms and Conditions
Competitive salary based on experience
New York, NY
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to CareersNY@spyscape.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line.