SPYSCAPE is an innovative new edutainment brand, developed by an exceptional team of award-winning creators and subject-matter experts. Our goal is to empower people to see themselves and the world more clearly, through the lens of spying. Our first spy museum and experience launched in New York City in February 2018.
The Assistant Manager, Operations (“AMO”) s a critical member of frontline management team at SPYSCAPE HQ in New York City (“SSHQNY”). The AMO will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on frontline communications and operational efficiencies, that will influence a world-class visitor experience. In addition, the AMO will ensure there is always management oversight on the Security, Retail, and Visitor Services frontline teams. The OAM must have schedule flexibility and will participate in required certification and training in all frontline disciplines, including: Security, Visitors Service, and Retail.
Our ideal candidate will be a creative, disciplined, self-motivated, and highly-detailed individual who is keen to dive into a very dynamic working environment and be a key part of emerging global brand.
This role is based in midtown Manhattan, and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Continually review and offer improvement for frontline communications channels to/from management
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures standards that positively affect the visitor experience
- Analyze visitor-staff interactions and improve training methods to achieve greater training content retention and application
- Continually review and offer improvement for operational efficiencies in line management, script delivery, up-selling, and content delivery
Frontline Team Management
- Provide scheduling support as needed to other operations assistant managers
- Oversee security protocols and team management as needed
- Oversee ticketing and retail sales transactions and team management as needed
- Oversee exhibition content delivery and interactive challenge staff management as needed
Operations & Frontline Projects
- Research, procure, and supply materials and equipment, on a regular / season / as needed basis
- Other operations and visitor experience-based projects, as assigned
- Strong ability to connect with people and communicate SPYSCAPE’s mission
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify issues, analyze their impact, research and development solution options, and communicate all of this to other management staff
- 3+ years experience managing customer service, events, or interpretive/programming content teams
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Articulate and poised with the ability to interact with VIPs and other high-level executives
- Extreme attention to detail
- Multi-tasker with ability to juggle multiple priorities at a time while adhering to deliverable deadlines
- Works well under pressure and makes sound decisions quickly
Terms and Conditions
Competitive salary based on experience
New York, NY
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to CareersNY@spyscape.com Please reference the job title in the subject line.